Crest Design Inspiration
Crest Design Inspiration – with and Emphasis on Dark and Moody Design
As a new personal crest design inspiration challenge, I’m diving into designing a completely original range of crest designs. I cannot create, fresh daily content at the moment. It is too challenging with all the client work that I have. However, I’m being spontaneous and embracing the freedom of setting my own parameters. I will aim to design three new crest designs, or crest design logos per week and aim to hold this challenge for the next three weeks, or maybe four?
All of my work is handmade. I don’t work digitally until later on in the process. In the beginning phase of my work I create everything on paper. Below is an insight into my workflow and the process of design that I go through to create a crest logo. You’ll find videos and the final product for each of the new designs.
Crest Design Inspiration – What’s the process of design?
Let me explain the process of developing a new crest logo design.
- Start the process and sketch in pencil a new shape whilst adding details as I go
- Next, I ink in the design with a black fine liner, to prep it for scanning
- Once scanned in, I manipulate it to make the black lines stronger and make a mirror image of the design
- Following on, I print the design out onto black card
- With a calligraphy dip pen, or nib I start to draw on gold lines
- Finally I hand paint some details or use gold acrylic paint to fill in the crest design
I hope you enjoy seeing my process below and please do feel free to comment below.